Why My Pony Is The Best

This guy. The best. 

Yesterday I got to ride for the second day in a row. MIRACULOUS!

On Monday night he was absolutely awesome after a week off, and we worked a lot on keeping a consistent bend, keeping my hands and arms steady yet elastic, and making room for his back to come up under my seat instead of sitting down onto him. Last night he was a little sore and stiff from overdoing it the day before since he had felt so fabulous, so I focused on just getting him forward and stretched out, and responding to me promptly.

This was all going pretty well until Dino randomly flung his head up, dropped his butt, scooted, and stopped. I asked him something to the effect of, "What is your problem?!" and attempted to move on with our lives. Fling, scoot a second time. I was starting to get annoyed, until we rounded the corner and I saw that a herd of 6 deer was crossing through the ring, and the first one had run right behind my pony.

"Oh! Deer!"

We stood and watched the rest of the deer go by, I patted my pony and told him he was a good boy, and went on with our ride, trotting along sweetly on the buckle.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why my pony is the best. Sensible to the max.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts