Viva Carlos' Magical Blog Hop
Jumping on the bandwagon, also L's rainbow unicorn is ADORABLE.
7 great things/strengths in your riding life
- I board at a great barn that is affordable AND has great care, and I'm able to be involved in my pony's daily care and make my own management decisions.
- Dedication and Passion - I've pretty much given myself to this sport.
- Support from my husband. Michael makes it happen.
- A pony I really enjoy riding and being with.
- Years of knowledge.
- Valuable resources in the form of knowledgable friends and excellent trainers.
- Patience and Persistence.
7 things you lack/covet for your horse
- My own farm.
- An indoor arena
- BoT sheet.
- A dressage saddle.
- A custom jump saddle.
- Unlimited funds.
- Regular massage/chiro for Dino.
7 things that make you angry
- Neglectful horse owners. If you can't take care of it, get rid of it.
- People who don't clean up after themselves in the barn.
- "Trainers" who put their clients and horses in dangerous situations.
- Spoiled brats.
- Those who try to medicate their horse's problems away instead of getting a good veterinary opinion and taking the time to train correctly.
- People who talk in a mean, nasty tone to their horses. There's just no need for that.
- Those who create and perpetuate barn drama. No need for that, either.
7 things you neglect to do or cut corners on
- Washing blankets. Like, ever.
- Cleaning my tack in the winter. That just doesn't happen.
- Keeping the dry lot clean. I go on a spree a few times a year, but otherwise... nope.
- Cleaning Dino's feed bucket. That thing is nasty.
- Re-rolling polos after I ride so they're ready for the next time. I always regret this one.
- Cleaning my grooming tools.
- Bringing clean saddle pads/polos/girths/etc. to the barn after they've been washed instead of letting them live in my office/on the couch/in my car.
7 most expensive things that you own for your horse/riding
- Cotner Squire 2-Horse Trailer: $5,500
- Pessoa Gen-X Saddle: $750
- GPA Titium Helmet: $400
- Ariat Challenge Boots: $300
- Simco Western Trail Saddle: $250
- RJ Classics Show Coat: $130
- Ariat Olympia Breeches: $130
I rock for getting most of these things used or on sale!
7 guilty pleasures or favorite items
- Grooming my pony. I could spend HOURS.
- Roeckl Chester gloves. Luxurious.
- Saddle pads. All the pretty saddle pads.
- Leather halter with blue padding and nameplate.
- Breeches. Yes.
- Wicking technical-fabric shirts for riding.
- My trailer.
7 things you love about horses and riding
- Making a connection with another living being.
- The way that everything else disappears when I'm riding.
- The fact that there is always something new to learn and try in this sport.
- The mental & physical challenge.
- The feeling of accomplishment that only comes from long hours of hard work.
- Being able to be outside.
- The way that horses have allowed me to grow & change.