Things That Go Bump In The Night

When I unwrapped my pony on Saturday morning, I found this:


A BUMP!!

A bump with a little hole in the middle; like, oh, say, the kind a splinter or other small foreign object would make. 


Check out that bad boy!

I think Jillian wins the Sherlock Award for suggesting that I was dealing with a splinter or something similar. This localized, warm swelling that doesn't cause lameness but is sensitive upon palpation sounds JUST like a splinter. All of the poulticing and wrapping has likely caused it to start to come to a head.

So, I poulticed and wrapped that leg again and am patiently waiting for this thing to work its way out and heal up. If the weather ever gets better, I'll get on and ride in order to get some circulation working in that area.

But for now, this is my life:


Thanks for keeping me from jumping off the Crazy Horse Mom ledge, guys.

Comments

  1. SO GLAD it sounds like it's something small. And I think the winter makes us all a little crazy... I had similar moment last week wherein I went absolutely insane... over just about nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts