I RODE

Yesterday, I rode my pony.

I wore breeches and used tack, and a bit, and everything!

The footing in the ring was actually pretty awesome; the several inches of snow cover softened the frozen ground quite nicely, and provided a little resistance training for Dino's return to looking and feeling like he actually has a job.

We did a little trot and canter to get Mr. Cabin Fever's legs all stretched out, and then worked mostly on getting a really good walk. I'm talking motivated, through, forward, reaching POWER-WALK. He's lost a lot of strength in his right stifle during his extended vacation, so the power-walking through the snow should help him regain some muscle back there. I threw in a little shoulder-fore in the walk and trot for good measure, and called it a day.

And now, I'm pleased to bring you a classic from Winter 2013: Ballerina Bob. Enjoy.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts