Barn Girl Beauty

I am not a girly-girl.

My husband can attest to the fact that I live in sweatpants, jeans, and riding britches, don't wear makeup most days (oh the beauty of working from home!), and am definitely not afraid of dirt in any way, shape, or form. I have gone into the grocery store with a dirt mustache. It did not phase me.

But I do like to feel pretty. I like to keep my nails done. (But cut SHORT!! For ease of barn chores and minimal breakage) The problem with this is that anyone who spends more than a millisecond near a horse will instantly ruin their manicure. It's a fact of the universe.

But I've found a way around this!! Ladies, I'm going to share with you the secret of barn-girl-worthy cute nails. And the secret is...

Sparkles.

Not kidding. Glitter nail polish is the barn girl's gift from the beauty gods. Slap on 2 coats of glitter polish and 2 coats of a clear topcoat, and my friends you will have PERFECT NAILS FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!*

Just DO NOT NEGLECT THE TOPCOAT. It's what seals the deal, so to speak. If you don't topcoat the glitter, the textured sparkly bits will get caught on things and chip faster than you can say, "STOP ROLLING I JUST BATHED YOU!" Topcoat. It's the secret. Now you can muck stalls in style! 

day 5 and lookin' fine!


*Not guaranteed if you use your nails to pick chestnuts or accidentally graze them with a hoof rasp.


Comments

  1. Nice! Might have to give this a try!
    I love your ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! There are so many fun colors out there now. And thank you! Michael has great taste :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts