Thanks. Really.

Imagine this:

I am being, like, the world's best pony mom ever and letting Dino eat dinner BEFORE riding instead of after. Because if we wait until after, he spends the whole grooming-and-tacking-up period trying to convince me that he is STARVINGGGG, and/or trying to singlehandedly destroy the entire barn. Or molesting barngirl Jess. (Sorry. He's really not into you that way. It's just the grain you carry.)

But feeding before riding also includes added digestion time so he won't get stomach cramps while exercising, so it's mildly inconvenient for me. (See Let's Talk About Colic to learn more about that!) In any case, being the awesome pony mom that I am,  I lovingly mix his feed, adding in his special vitamin supplements and a few generous glugs of corn oil and stir it all up while Dino literally quivers with excitement. I place it down in front of him, he gobbles it up, and I take the bucket away before he has a chance to kick it across the barn, or use it to maim an innocent passerby.

While homeboy is digesting his tasty snack, I kneel down by his front feet and chat with barngirl Jess about how the sudden wet weather is affecting his hooves. (It made his heel bulbs squishy. Ew.)

It is at this point that Dino very deliberately cranes his neck around and plants his crumby, dirty, very oily muzzle right on top of my head, and wipes it on my hair. And then on my face.

Thanks, buddy. Love you too.


P.S. Everyone PLEASE BE SAFE during the East Coast hurricane this weekend! Please be sure your four-legged friends are in a safe, solid barn, or turned out somewhere with good fencing away from tall trees, and with a place to get away from wind, rain, and fallen trees or branches.

P.P.S. Like PONY'TUDE? Share the love! Please comment, follow, and link to us on your blog, facebook, or website! Spread the pony hijinks around and let us know we have friends!

Comments

Popular Posts