Separation Anxiety

You know those moms?

Those crazy over-protective moms that are obsessed with their kids? The ones who drop them off with the babysitter or at daycare with five different diaper bags filled with toys and snacks and ten changes of clothes and juice boxes and books and mittens just in case it gets cold? Who call their children's' caretakers ten times a day just to see how their babies are doing? Those moms?

I'm totally one of them.

Tomorrow night I leave for a week-long beach vacation. This also means that I leave my precious, beautiful, sweet, hairy, four-legged child for AN ENTIRE WEEK. Seven days without Dino. A week without being able to brush him and ride him and tell him he's wonderful and check him for booboos and make sure his feet look OK and he's not developing a fungus and he doesn't have cataracts or lumpy legs or a splinter or dandruff.

A week is a long time. I'm freakin' out.

Thankfully the good Lord has seen fit to make dear, wonderful Lindsay available to keep a watchful eye on my boy, continue his riding program, and reassure me that all of his limbs are still attached and his tongue hasn't turned green and he hasn't gone bald. She's a good egg, and I know she'll take good care of Dino in my absence.

In preparation, I bought an extra bag of feed, a couple tubs of supplements, washed all of my saddle pads and polo wraps, and wrote Lindsay a really really long note detailing everything I do for Dino on a daily basis. I also told her I would probably call and text her obsessively during my vacation. I was only half kidding.

I'm sorry, Lindsay. I have separation anxiety.

Comments

  1. I'm marrying a slightly overanxious pony mom : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're crazy excited about it, Mike!

    Allison: Dino is probably wondering why you made such a big fuss over him the last time he saw you for the week, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I put Finn in a kennel once... I filled out the forms, brought him in, and said "be right back." I then promptly came back with one full 50lb bag of food (he was there for three days) and three bags filled with toys, treats, doggie beds, more treats, shampoo(?!), and even more toys.

    You're a good Momma. Dino will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts