Beautiful & Deadly


Is it really a costume...


...when you've been a warrior princess all along?




This photo shoot had its beginnings in a fun and silly dress-up session in the spirit of Halloween.



What it ended up being was a deep look inside my own identity.





And in a way, looking at the pictures was like seeing myself for the first time. Putting into pictures the warrior princess that had been in me all along.





Beautiful and Deadly.




To canter my trusted partner across an open field barefooted, bare headed, in a dress, was the purest freedom I have ever known and the realization of a dream that had lived in my heart since I was a child.


All women, I think, have a warrior princess inside them. We ought to let her out more often than we do.


Thank you to my mighty war horse for making this experience a lovely and profound one. I wouldn't want to ride into battle with anyone else.



Comments

  1. YAS YOU BADASS WARRIOR QUEEN YOU! GET IT GIRL.

    These photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! Girl power. Warrior power. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos and of course you are a bad ass warrior princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEKK! These are just amazing! As are you, and Dino, you little warriors. Bacon and I can aspire to be more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! Love that it the Warrior Princess is actually yourself all along! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how youre not smiling in them either

    youre like WARRIOR PRINCESS TO COOL FOR YOUR SMILES

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG these are so badass I can't even!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning! Though the last one gave me a smile; you're so serious in them all, but that one Dino's like, "CHEEEEEEESEEEEE"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this post. You make a fierce warrior princess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore this. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts