Take Heart!

His Highness modeling the new halter his Auntie Amanda sent for Christmas.


Dino's legs are starting to shed! I have been getting a sprinkling of fluffy leg hairs when I curry the backs of his front legs. This is fantastically exciting for two reasons: 1. SPRING IS COMING EVENTUALLY, and 2. This is the earliest EVER since I've owned him and he was diagnosed with Cushing's that he has started dropping hairs. Last year he waited until February to even begin letting go of a single hair, so I am beyond thrilled that he is getting into a truly normal shedding pattern this year!

I was able to ride THREE DAYS IN A ROW this week! The ring got dragged when it was warmer on Saturday, and again after Donna rode on Sunday, so it froze nice and flat when it got colder again and has been just fine for flatwork. After three days back in work, I was able to start working Dino in more of a frame again, rather than just letting him stretch the whole ride. We weren't at the very top of our game, but it was a good, productive ride. I decided that I'm going to shoot for a February dressage show, and even if we aren't competitive, it will at least be a good (inexpensive) chance to school in an indoor.

But for now, the ponies are all bundled up in a million layers as we wait for the blizzard to hit. Dino will actually come into the big barn tomorrow night since it's going to be a low of One Degree.

Yikes.

Comments

  1. Brrr! Way too cold for me :) Glad he's starting to shed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drove into work with my car proclaiming -1 ... thought I was gonna die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's horrible. It was only 14 here this morning, but the weatherman says it's going to go down to -2. We also have a foot of snow. I want to go to Florida. Now.

      Delete
  3. Already shedding? Jealous, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts