PONY'TUDE Approved - Cashel Western Tush Cushion

My western saddle is probably older than I am, and somewhere along the way in its lifetime, all of the padding in its pretty, stitched suede seat got hard and compacted.

This makes my butt hurt every time I ride in it, and the rock-solid seat has literally bruised my seatbones a few times.

Enter the Cashel Western Tush Cushion, aka Savior of My Butt.

Does anyone else hate the word "tush"?!

Attractive iPhone shadow!
I absolutely love this thing.

It's made out of a lovely, squishy memory foam material, with a soft fabric cover. I was skeptical at first as far as how well the pad would stay in place, but it doesn't budge an inch. It attaches to the saddle with an elastic loop at the horn, and cinches tight around the cantle with a strap and buckle system that allows you to create a snug fit.

When I sit on the Tush Cushion, it's like placing my booty on a cloud of marshmallows. The foam conforms to the rider, but doesn't compact too much. It's the perfect thickness and density. The fabric cover also provides a measure of grip, and I can honestly say that this seat pad has helped improve my western equitation by helping me stay in the center of the saddle.

My only regret is not getting the "extra long" Cushion that comes all the way up the back of the saddle, but considering the limited coverage of the standard size, it's still pretty amazing.

If your posterior is in pain, pony up the $30 and grab one of these Tush Cushions. Your seatbones will thank you.

Comments

  1. My first saddle-shared with my mom-was bought at a pawn shop for my mom when she was around 16. A saddle pad came with it (which is still an amazing pad) and it was already about 45 years old. Mom is 50 now. We finally got rid of it but kept the pad. I wish I had this for that saddle, lol. Now my butt is in a comfy Circle A. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I survived thus far without this cushion!! Western is my 2nd discipline, so I was on a serious budget when I got my saddle, and couldn't afford anything comfier, haha! This cushion is seriously a lifesaver.

      Delete
  2. I bet that makes an older western saddle heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has one of those too! I am far too vain to use it it public, but not gonna lie I school in it occasionally ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts