Selfie Thursday

Is Selfie Thursday even a thing? I don't care. It is now.

We decided to make the same face.

Goofy.

Did it take the picture?

It got up to a balmy 18 degrees today, so I ventured out to the barn. We got dumped on with about 10" of snow the other day, so the "training" plan of the day consisted of attaching reins to Dino's halter, and climbing on to march around in the snow. Without taking his blankets off first. Because it's cold here.

I managed to toodle around the farm for about ten minutes until my face started to hurt (it was also quite breezy), so my buddy and I called it quits for the day. When I turned him back out, Dino didn't wander off to take a drink or search for grass under the snow. He just stood there next to me as if to say, "Now what, partner?"

So, we just hung out for a while. I scratched his neck, he shoved his nose in my face. I petted him, he pulled on my coat sleeves. I walked around, he followed. I asked him to back up, he did. I hugged him, he sniffed my boots. Other horses came near, he chased them away. We threw in a little turn on the forehand and turn on the haunches for good measure, just to cement our awesomeness. Halterless showmanship may be in our future.

I am beginning to feel less and less like Dino's "mom" and more and more like his partner and best friend every day. And it's really cool.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts