Two Peas In A Pod

Horses are an eternal lesson in patience and flexibility.

Dino has been doing a bit better, it looks like he either got kicked in the shoulder or tweaked it while he was lame with the abscess. I've just been taking it day by day, doing lots of stretches, currying and massage on his shoulders, and letting him work out the kinks in the round pen. He's been starting off a bit lame, but then works out of it once he gets moving forward for a few minutes and gets a chance to stretch out. He even graced Jess and I with his Wild Arabian Stallion impression the other day. The weather's been pretty nasty anyway, so I don't mind not riding for a little while longer! His attitude has still been AMAZING.

I've also been realizing lately how similar Dino and I are in our personalities. I've had a lot of people tell me that they'd cry/have a mental breakdown/quit riding forever if they had to deal with him every day. He can be difficult to say the least! He's incredibly stubborn, will only do what you ask when HE'S ready to do it, is too smart for his own good, and very talented but VERY lazy. And... so am I. Apologies to everyone who's ever had to deal with that side of me, hah! I guess that's why we make such a good team. We understand each other.


Comments

Popular Posts