Thanks

Thanks, Michael, for being an amazing husband who supports my horse addiction whole-heartedly and is always up for a trip to the barn, even if it's just to take care of a broken pony. Thanks for being a total enabler when it comes to getting new riding gear, being my horse show groom, trailer driver and photographer, pushing me to work hard to improve myself and my pony, and for being the best student ever.

Thank you Dino for making me laugh. For being my partner in crime, my teacher, my buddy. Thank you for your muzzle kisses and your incredible tolerance. Thank you for showing me that nothing is impossible with a little faith and a lot of patience and hard work. Thank you for your moments of true greatness that fill me with indescribable joy. Thanks for feeding my soul. And thank you for showing me what it means to never, ever give up.

Thank you Mom and Dad for giving in to your horse-crazy daughter and buying that first set of ten riding lessons, and many, many lessons after. Thank you for coming out to horse shows in all weather even though you had no clue what was going on, and could barely stand to watch me jump for fear of something going wrong. Thanks for always encouraging me to do what I love, even if it was something you didn't understand.

Thanks to every trainer and instructor who has taught me, the good and the bad. Thank you for showing me the right way, and the wrong way. Thank you for pushing me. Thank you for your knowledge, experience, and words of wisdom. Thanks for making me the horseman I am today.

Thank you, my barn girls, from every era of my horse-loving life. Thank you for sharing the triumphs and tragedies of this great sport with me. Thanks for your encouragement, advice, friendship, help, and laughter. Thank you for the hair-raising trail rides and "just put it up one more hole" jump schools. From early show mornings to late-night summertime chats, thank you for always being there for me and sharing the incredible connection that a love of horses creates.

Wishing all of you a very happy Thanksgiving! 

Comments

Popular Posts