Today's Lesson: Shorten Your Reins


MAYBE if I could just shorten my ever-loving reins I would not have so many problems with inconsistent contact.



DO YOU THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE ISSUE HERE?!



These photos make me want to chop off my left arm, and/or buy myself some kiddie rainbow reins so I can remember where to hold the freakin' things.



At least my leg looks good?


And Dino's working really well.. look at him breaking over right at the poll, and that reeeeach in the left hind! Clearly my expertly-timed use of my left spur is working. But maybe I wouldn't need so much spur if I SHORTENED MY REINS to encourage proper bend in the first place. Possibly.

All equitation faults vanish over fences, thank the Lord.



This is what happens when you have to jam in an extra stride to a rather large oxer because your pony trips on the way... 

Comments

  1. Hey, we all have our faults ;)
    But these pictures are GORG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's looking FAB!! and i am right there with you on the long reins issue... idk what the problem is??? recently i've been riding without gloves to try and stop slippage, and it has helped some. (i still prefer jumping in gloves tho)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Don't be so hard on yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUMPING PICS OMG!!! Wow, that second to last shot? I would frame that. It is gorgeous. Looks like one of those classic old timey show pictures G Morris is always going on about.

    Um yes. Long reins. I have a demon hand. Just shows you're human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love that one too! The great thing about these pictures is now I really see that I do that awful thing with my left hand, and I can fix it, hahaha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts