Getting My Butt Kicked

FINALLY GETTING RID OF THIS HAIR!! This is after 3 days of no grooming.

Y'all.

This work week is kicking my butt, and it's only Tuesday.

On one hand, it's a good thing, because my week is filled with showings, closings, seminars, and offers instead of endless, mindless hours of online marketing and please-buy-this-farm desperation.

On the other, I'm going to be driving all over the state (and out of state!) like a crazy person all week, which is not how I would ideally like to spend the week before my first horse trial of the season.

I'd rather be obsessively over-planning and cleaning and making lists!

Thankfully Dino is a total rockstar, and totally killed it in our flatwork session yesterday. If he dressages like that on Sunday, we'll be a-ok. Tonight I plan on breaking in our freshly-painted and newly-set jumps!

So, if you could say a little prayer, send some good energy out into the world for me, that would be awesome. I have All The Stress this week!

Comments

  1. Hey, that was me last year, flying back from an interview in California 12 hours before we packed the trailer and left for my first HT of the year last year! Have a game plan for packing but don't worry about the riding - you guys are so ready! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there!! you guys are gonna kill it at the horse trial - and in the mean time good luck getting everything all settled and ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS WITH THE HAIR??? I cannot get the weird patchy hair off of my mare's back. She looks like a dark bay and orange paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not magic, my pony just has a LOT of hair that he has just really started to let go of! But I do a few different things to help the process... let them sweat, let them get muddy, and use several different hair removal tools. My favorite is still a good old rubber curry - the rubber has a 'stick' to it that really pulls the hair out. Different tools and brushes attack hair at different levels, so you get a more 'complete' grooming the more tools you use!

      Delete
  4. Good luck getting through your hell work week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending calm, relaxed, winning show vibes to you and pony :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap look at those blinding white legs! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wash with plain Ivory dish soap every few days! Works a treat. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you everyone for your good wishes and confidence in us!! WE NEED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll do great -- I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uhh woah! that is a load of hair! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts