Stormy Weather

That... big... swirly... thing... is messing up my plans!

Ideally, the week before a show, I try to ride every day to make sure Dino and I are fit and working well.

My usual plan is not working out so well this week.

There's some sort of ridiculous tropical storm working its way up the east coast, and between that and the intense heat and humidity, we haven't gotten many rides in so far. His Royal Highness had the day off on Sunday, we tortured ourselves in the heat Monday and Tuesday, and yesterday he had the day off because there was thunder and lightning and I'm just not into being electrocuted on horseback.

I have my fingers crossed that the weather will stabilize just enough today to at least get in a quick hack, but who knows at this point. By the time I'm done working for the day it will probably be pouring again. These crazy summer storms are so unpredictable.

According to the forecast, I SHOULD, in theory, be able to ride Friday and Saturday, so we won't be going to the show on Sunday totally cold. At least he'll be nice and fresh for competition?

And I have RIDE TIMES! Ahhh!

Dressage is at 10:12 on Sunday morning, followed by open Stadium and XC from 10:30-12:30. So I figure I'll ride Stadium at around 10:45, and then head over to XC. I'm really glad I'll be done by around noon, and avoid the hottest part of the day. Plus the high is only supposed to be 84, which is a lot better than 94!

I know my dressage test, and we've been jumping 2'6 courses at home so stadium will be fine. In fact it might even be better than how we've been performing at home if it's on the grass field... Dino loves him some outdoor jumping. And really the only thing I'm worried about on XC is if there's water, since we didn't get to school that last month, and my noble steed is not really a fan of getting his feeties wet.

But otherwise, we should do great!

Right?

Anyone who wants to come cheer us on and/or bring me a beer on Sunday is more than welcome!


Comments

  1. You guys are going to rock it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck - I can't wait to hear how it went! You guys are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Just gotta keep my butterflies under control, HAH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts