One Of Those Days

Did you ever have One Of Those Days?

I had one yesterday.

I decided to do a little jumping with Dino, and we totally nailed the first two warm-up fences.

After that it was all downhill. I could not see a distance to save my life. To anything. And in typical weenie-me fashion, instead of just putting my leg on and hoping for the best, I waited. And picked. And sat. And held. And waited. And Dino, being the excellent pony he is, waited with me.

"Oh... we're waiting til I'm pretty much on top of this one to jump it? Kinda weird but... OK. If that's what you want to do."

I was riding like a total moron, and after burying my poor pony at approximately six different jumps, I did a 2' trot fence and called it a day.

Things I Learned From My Poor Jumping Experience:

-MORE LEG is always the answer. Always. Or, "When In Doubt, Leave It Out"
-Despite his punkiness, Dino is a really, really good pony. When we're on course, if I ask him to add a step, he adds it. If I ask him to gun it, he guns it. If I ask for some sort of insane rollback turn that requires him to practically bend in half in the air, he turns. If I pick and pull down to nothing like a total weenie, he will jump from underneath the fence. Because he's THAT GOOD.
-I need to get over my weenie-ness and RIDE UP. Get a good galloping pace going, and just go for it. Because I have a good pony under me.

Here's to a better ride next time!

Comments

Popular Posts