I Was Deprived As A Child

Growing up, I did not have a pony on my own. While I did lease several different horses and had many catch rides over the years beginning when I was 16, I never had a pony as a kid. Dino is my first. So I missed out on some things, which causes me to make questionable decisions as an adult.

Like riding bareback and bridleless just because I can.





My thought process of approximately two days ago went something like this:

I only have about an hour to spend at the barn today, I'll just groom Dino and hop on bareback for a few minutes... Come to think of it, I won't even put his bridle on. I'll just tie a leadrope around his neck and ride that way... It's Dino, what could possibly go wrong?

Well... this...



This was pretty much the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to me, and I'm SO glad Jess was there to capture it all on video to share with you all! Basically, Dino realized I had absolutely no control over where he was going, and just took off trotting at top speed. I had to perform an emergency dismount. Hey, at least I was wearing a helmet! (Don't ride without your brain bucket, kids!)


Comments

  1. hahaha the video is great. and hey! I rode bareback and bridle-less at least once a week for a few years BEFORE I actually owned a horse :-P. now I might die if I try that on Timmy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Oh my god. I literally laughed out loud at that! BAD DINO! :)

    And good job wearing a helmet! I wear mine all the time no matter what silly thing I'm doing! Safety first! (especially when attempting to ride your perfectly sane pony bareback and bridleless.... Dino clearly had other plans for the "perfectly sane" part)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts