When Horse Blogs Collide

Today I got together with Becky, writer of Dig My Size and fellow mom of a midget-horse-with-weird-health-issues. She had ridden Dino quite a lot when he was still a very cranky school pony, and I couldn't wait to show her how well-behaved, happy, and good to ride he'd become.

Things did not work out as planned.

I can think of only two reasons for this:

1. Putting two horse bloggers in such close proximity sent a disturbance through the space-time continuum which set Dino's delicate inner balance off kilter, causing him to be grouchy and throw multiple tantrums... or...

2. My pony really wanted to embarrass me today.

In short, he was horribly behaved. He was grumpy in the crossties, wouldn't move over when I asked him to, and while he started out on a good note during our ride, he soon decided that the whole riding thing just wasn't working for him, and proceeded to throw several tantrums. All the while I assured Becky that, "He really isn't this bad!! I swear!! He's normally a total delight!! Really!"

I'm not quite sure she believed me. But she did bring snacks, and she give me the name and phone number of the woman who massages her horse Digby on a regular basis, and I hope to save up enough pennies to get Dino a treatment or two.

And the next time I plan on showing off my pony, maybe I'll just take a video instead. The space-time continuum just can't seem to hold up to doing it in person.

Comments

  1. Oh ponies. . .they always put on a show for guests. Definitely part of their 'tude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I've seen worse from Dino... many, many times... usually with me riding.... :) I was unaffected by his "mood" of the day. He still looks adorable and much better than he used to! Muscles and pictures don't lie, Dino!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts