2POINTOBER IS UPON US!

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

October 2017 is nearly upon us - beginning that time of year where our riding scales back in conjunction with shorter days, colder weather, and lighter event schedules. Therefore it's the perfect time to refocus on ourselves as riders and make our own strength and conditioning a priority going into the winter "bootcamp" season.

Which means it's that time of year for the annual Two Point Challenge, fondly referred to as 2pointober!!! I am absolutely delighted to share that Emma of 'Fraidy Cat Eventing has asked me to co-host the contest with her this year! This is gonna be FUN, guys! 

Do these two stylish jumpers look familiar to anyone!?

2ptober was the brain child of L Williams of Viva Carlos as a friendly communal challenge to riders everywhere to improve in strength and stamina. L hosted for many years with Hillary of Equestrian at Hart before passing the baton last year.
Emma and I are excited to continue the tradition -- and have taken a fresh look at prize offerings for champions and reserve champions in order to fully incentivize your participation! Obviously everyone is a winner when the outcome is improved strength in the saddle, but some extra material goodies never hurt too, amirite?? STAY TUNED for deets on the fabulous prizes. 

So. If you want a shot at the titles and prizes, check out the rules below to get started!

*****
The Rules:

Sign up to participate simply by leaving a comment here or on Emma's post. All riders and all disciplines welcome!

Assume your two point (aka "jump") position during an upcoming ride. Meaning: seat fully out of the saddle but without relying on your hands for balance. Doesn't matter what gait, whatever you prefer. Any ride, any time, all that matters is your position - no leaning on hands, no seat bumping the saddle (otherwise you gotta restart the clock)!

Hold that position for as long as you're currently able and time yourself. This is your baseline.

Submit your baseline time in a comment here or on Emma's blog. Simply posting on your own blog does not constitute submission!! 

**Baselines are due WEDNESDAY OCT 4TH by midnight!!**

Make a plan and track your progress. Report your weekly progress on longest time maintained in 2pt position at the end of each week in a comment here or at 'Fraidy Cat Eventing (we'll have reminder posts up!)

Spread the word! The more the merrier!! Tell your riding buddies, tell you trainer! (This won't increase your chances of winning -- only your sweat, burning muscles and tears can do that!)

*****

After the end of October we will award Champion and Reserve Champion titles in two categories:
-Most Improved
-Longest Time

Limit one title per competitor, so FOUR distinct winners will be chosen! And get PRIZES - details on those next week!!!

Last year saw Sarah from Three Chestnuts win the Longest Time division with a monster 35:16 time, with L Williams of Viva Carlos snagging reserve in her first year as an eligible competitor with a time of 28:30. Liz from In Omnia Paratus saw a 1,048% improvement on her baseline time to secure the championship as Most Improved, and Olivia from DIY Horse Ownership braved the elements to log a final improvement of 959% to get the reserve title.

Do you have it in you to be the next 2ptober Champion? Sign up to find out!!

Emma and I will post weekly reminders for competitors to submit their 2pt progress. We'll also post tips and tricks to make the most out of your practice.

This contest is a great way to get that kick in the pants and extra push to be the strongest rider you can be. It's furthermore a great opportunity to feel like part of a community while you're at it, and hopefully meet a few new bloggers in the process! Plus. Again. PRIZES!!

So get ready - Get set - And start your timers!!

Comments

  1. I always love 2pointober! I missed out last year, but I'll be home for one day before the baseline deadline, and I'll get my time in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO! Yay! Glad to have you in it to win it this year!

      Delete
  2. oh i am so in, you just wait. SPLINTZILLA WONT STOP ME THIS YEAR

    (side note 35+ min of two point is absolutely absurd)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (yes. yes it is.) AND you have a very sane horse to do it on this year! woo!!

      Delete
  3. I commented on Emma's blog, but I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Looking forward to your impressive time, as always!

      Delete
  5. Woot! I'm definitely in this year! First time trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great event. I think embarrassment of my terrible baseline might hold me back from such a competition. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, don't be embarrassed! We all have to start somewhere, and who knows, you could win Most Improved!

      Delete
  7. Exciting! I dunno that Zoe is up for it, but I'm excited to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it as beginning her jumping horse training?

      Delete
  8. I commented on Emma's post too but that was before I rode today… and now I have a baseline of 3 minutes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'm in! It's finally cool enough to ride again (mostly!) and this is a great way to get us back in the swing of things. Hope I don't astound everyone with my baseline - I think it might be a negative number :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baseline: 23 seconds! Sooo much room for improvement. Looking forward to the next few weeks! Truby is not.

      Delete
  10. Got my baseline today - 1:45 — lots of room for Improvement 😬

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am FINALLY going to be able to participate- so count me in!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DID IT! I finally remembered to do this!!
    Ok, baseline is 2 minutes even (I had several mis-starts - dammit undulating pasture).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummm.. 7 seconds. Granted I'm doing it bareback since I haven't put a saddle on the pony in several months, but yikes. Work to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts