2POINTOBER IS UPON US!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!
October 2017 is nearly upon us - beginning that time of year where our riding scales back in conjunction with shorter days, colder weather, and lighter event schedules. Therefore it's the perfect time to refocus on ourselves as riders and make our own strength and conditioning a priority going into the winter "bootcamp" season.
Which means it's that time of year for the annual Two Point Challenge, fondly referred to as 2pointober!!! I am absolutely delighted to share that Emma of 'Fraidy Cat Eventing has asked me to co-host the contest with her this year! This is gonna be FUN, guys!
|Do these two stylish jumpers look familiar to anyone!?|
Emma and I are excited to continue the tradition -- and have taken a fresh look at prize offerings for champions and reserve champions in order to fully incentivize your participation! Obviously everyone is a winner when the outcome is improved strength in the saddle, but some extra material goodies never hurt too, amirite?? STAY TUNED for deets on the fabulous prizes.
So. If you want a shot at the titles and prizes, check out the rules below to get started!
- Sign up to participate simply by leaving a comment here or on Emma's post. All riders and all disciplines welcome!
- Assume your two point (aka "jump") position during an upcoming ride. Meaning: seat fully out of the saddle but without relying on your hands for balance. Doesn't matter what gait, whatever you prefer. Any ride, any time, all that matters is your position - no leaning on hands, no seat bumping the saddle (otherwise you gotta restart the clock)!
- Hold that position for as long as you're currently able and time yourself. This is your baseline.
- Submit your baseline time in a comment here or on Emma's blog. Simply posting on your own blog does not constitute submission!!
**Baselines are dueby !!**
- Make a plan and track your progress. Report your weekly progress on longest time maintained in 2pt position at the end of each week in a comment here or at 'Fraidy Cat Eventing (we'll have reminder posts up!)
- Spread the word! The more the merrier!! Tell your riding buddies, tell you trainer! (This won't increase your chances of winning -- only your sweat, burning muscles and tears can do that!)
After the end of October we will award Champion and Reserve Champion titles in two categories:
Limit one title per competitor, so FOUR distinct winners will be chosen! And get PRIZES - details on those next week!!!
Last year saw Sarah from Three Chestnuts win the Longest Time division with a monster 35:16 time, with L Williams of Viva Carlos snagging reserve in her first year as an eligible competitor with a time of 28:30. Liz from In Omnia Paratus saw a 1,048% improvement on her baseline time to secure the championship as Most Improved, and Olivia from DIY Horse Ownership braved the elements to log a final improvement of 959% to get the reserve title.
Do you have it in you to be the next 2ptober Champion? Sign up to find out!!
Emma and I will post weekly reminders for competitors to submit their 2pt progress. We'll also post tips and tricks to make the most out of your practice.
This contest is a great way to get that kick in the pants and extra push to be the strongest rider you can be. It's furthermore a great opportunity to feel like part of a community while you're at it, and hopefully meet a few new bloggers in the process! Plus. Again. PRIZES!!
So get ready - Get set - And start your timers!!