Foiled

Oh, Dino, you thought you were so clever.

"I'll pull off one of my shoes!" you thought, "THAT will get me out of work today!"

And so you launched your devious plan, losing a shoe somewhere in the mucky expanse of your turnout field, so confident that it would result in a day off.

But little did you know that Superhero Farrier Lee was right down the road at another farm, just finishing up shoeing another horse when I sent him a message saying you had thrown a shoe. You didn't expect that he'd be able to come over immediately. You weren't counting on getting that shoe back on for at least another day; maybe two! But your plan was foiled, my clever adversary, and you had to go to work; victory giving way to the bitter taste of defeat and the rhythm of 20-meter circles. 

Until next time... consider yourself thwarted.

Comments

Popular Posts