#GoodGirlDella Lives Her Best Life


Della has been with us for two and a half months now, and she is, definitively, the Happiest Dog Ever.

She lives with an unparalleled joy and zest, and so much love that I'm not sure how it all fits into that itty bitty pittie body. Everything she does, she thinks is The Best. Waking up in the morning? THE BEST! Eating food? THE BEST! Going out to the yard? THE BEST! Playing with Max? THE BEST! Getting pets? THE BEST!!!! Her personality has blossomed so much since we brought home an exhausted, frightened skeleton of a dog two and a half months ago, and Della has grown into the joyful, playful, happy-go-lucky cuddle queen that she is.


All of her physical issues have resolved. No more ear or skin infections, no more digestive problems, and she's gained an incredible amount of weight and muscle. The dog that was a rack of bones when she came to us is now a beautiful, glossy, tank of a little pit bull rippling with muscle. Della is, in my opinion, absolutely stunning.


When it comes to her training, it's hard to think of her outside the box of Not-Lula. Lula LOVED to learn, she was so so sharp, and so easy to teach. While Della's main goal in life is to be a Good Girl, she's not as into the game of learning as Lula was, and often just gets way too excited to focus on what I'm trying to show her. House training is still a work in progress, and it took a solid two months to get her in the groove of not going in the house. She still has occasional, inexplicable accidents inside, but the frequency of those has definitely slowed down. Still, we've gone though a lot of Nature's Miracle.


Her recall, however, is phenomenal. Della wants to be as close to us as possible at all times, so that's made "Come" her best command by far. She is the ultimate velcro dog, and has claimed me as her human. I literally cannot take a step without Della getting up to follow me wherever I go, often touching my leg as we walk. Every morning when I leave for work, if I don't take her with me, Della sits in front of the door and cries.

It's very, very heartbreaking.



I do take Della to the office with me once a week, however, and like most things, she thinks it's THE BEST! It's been incredible for her confidence around new people, though she is still very wary of strange men. Della ADORES my coworkers, and even met her boyfriend/future dog husband, Gunnar, at the office. I think we'll plan a June wedding.



The other thing that Della loves more than anything in the world is making new dog friends. She is down to play any time, anywhere, and will spend hours running around like a complete loon jumping on other dogs, booping them on the head, and playing bitey-face. Della plays hard, and I've yet to find another dog that she doesn't simply love.


Della loves Max. She loves Max SO MUCH. She loves snuggling Max and forcing her love upon him and cramming herself into small spaces with him. She loves booping him on the head with her feet and shoving toys into his face so he'll play with her. Max is still a bit unsure of this whole business, but has been very, very tolerant of his pittie sister. The two of them had a few rough patches as they learned to communicate, but after a few weeks it's been smooth sailing between them and they get along so well and have a LOT of fun together.



Della loves snow, and is suspicious of horses, but most of all, Della loves. I've never had a dog that has looked at me with such adoration, who lives life with such an attitude of thankfulness and joy. Della knows she's been rescued, and she shows her gratitude every single day. This little dog is mine, and I am her human. We love you, Della, and are honored to provide your Best Life Ever.

Comments

  1. I'm not crying, you're crying. okay I'm definitely crying happy tears. Della is such a lucky little pocket pittie and I'm so happy for all of you. 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's the cutest thing ever. What a sweet personality to match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you adopted her. Love her so much and am so happy she is happy and you are too! what a sweetie. Congrats on winning the jackpot :) And Bernie too has moments when she just can't deal cause LIFE IS TOO GOOD and it cracks me up...Rescuing is the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's got such beautiful eyes - I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. I ❤️ this so much. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like she's always smiling or ready to smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She IS adorable. I love seeing shelter dogs blossom in their new homes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you found each other! Della sounds like an absolute LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been fostering rescue dogs from the Fort Worth and Weatherford shelters for the past 5 years or so and NOTHING compares to the love of a rescue dog! They absolutely know what you have done for them, and when they get past whatever emotional damage they have, they love so hard. Della is beautiful and it makes me so happy that she is with you and well loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts