The Weekend That May Make Me A Pony Thief

This past weekend, I got to visit with my BFF's Jen and Amanda! We rode ponies and gardened and attended the local hunt races. It was awesome.

We haven't all been on horses at the same time in the same place in NINE YEARS. 
I got to ride this guy, Cruz:


He's a verrrrrry fancy imported sport pony. Someone paid lots and lots of dollars for him, which was probably warranted because he sees his own distances and adjusts his canter accordingly. Also his little trot is to die for, his canter and jump are fantastic, and his face is adorable.


I may or may not be contemplating Grand Theft Pony.

THE KNEES.
Cruz is zoomy and fun and sure, he reared a bit on our little trail ride but it was nothing unmanageable and I definitely think he wants to come home with me and learn to be an event pony. Can we also appreciate that I trail rode and jumped a new-to-me pony with no butterflies, and STRONGLY INSISTED that the jumps were only 2'3", when in fact, they were 2'6". 

Unfortunately I bet Amanda on that one and had to buy her dessert. Not a huge loss, since I also ate some. 

Then there were the hunt races, which were a total blast! 

I also made friends with this alpaca.
The highlight of the day was the PONY RACES.

TINY PONIES EVERYWHERE. I was in heaven! 




This pony looks like it probably put that child in a cast.
So, there you have it. Best friends and ponies of every description. A glorious weekend! 

Comments

  1. I really, really wish that as a small kid I would have known about pony races because that would have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend! I also support your Grand Theft Pony plan -- Dino definitely wants a new friend ;) and you already have pony sized tack! So many pony photos, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh so cool!! You also have tiny friends that also ride ponies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually the tiniest of the friends! Jen is Normal Height and Amanda is Very Tall, but Jen also teaches lots of beginner kids so has LOTS OF PONIES to play with!

      Delete
  4. I so want the pony that was grinning evilly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ponies ponies ponies everywhere...those pony races are bad ass. I would not even be able to keep up!! LOL...
    PS you might need that pony you look PERFECT ON HIM! :) He is adorable. (Dino wont mind sharing you I think)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg grand theft pony!!!!! also now i'm super curious if any of the ponies there for the races were from olney??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a LOT of nice-looking little Shetlands, so it's entirely possible! So freakin' cute; I totally missed my calling as a pony jock when I was younger!

      Delete
  7. Cruz is gorgeous! I want one! I also wish I knew about pony races as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with a weekend full of ponies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun weekend! And that pony should definitely find its way to your barn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts