Orchard Hill: One Year Later



Today, a year ago, Dino and I made the move to our new home.

To say that I was apprehensive about the change would be an understatement. No matter what, change is scary, and I was frightened to leave what I knew for the unknown. I was worried about being able to continue training at the same level we had been without an arena with proper footing. I was leaving many wonderful barn friends behind, and to top it off Dino was absolutely petrified of the donks.

One year later, I look back on the move to Orchard Hill as one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. Dino is happier and fitter than he's ever been since I've known him, I made incredible friends, tried new things, and grew in ways that never would have been possible if we had stayed where we were.

The move has been instrumental in both Dino's and my own development as an eventing partnership. Without being forced to ride over terrain every single day and get out of the confines of the arena, there is no way I would have been able to move up to BN last year. Without dear, brave friends to cheer us on, I would still be puttering around safely inside my comfort zone. When your main riding buddy has the heart of a wild 12 year old who just wants to rip around the trails on her equally wild pony, you've got no choice but to take a deep breath, hang on, and go for it, despite your fear!

One year later, Orchard Hill Farm feels like home.




Comments

  1. Love this! So glad you are happy with your not so new to you anymore barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you've found your ideal barn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaaaaa if they only knew how old I really am. Just love you both to pieces. We are a team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have really blossomed and thrived since moving to this new barn - it really seems to work for you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy to just potter around a sandbox when you have one available! Glad your move has worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to know deep in your bones you made the right decision! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always feels good to know we did the right thing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts