One Test, Or Two?

Max helps me make important life choices.

I had a GREAT ride Friday night.

It was, admittedly, the hardest workout Dino and I have done pretty much all winter. And we didn't even really work that hard. We are both a bit out of shape. I'm definitely feeling it.

I worked on lengthening and shortening the trot (without stirrups!) and then spent some time practicing round trot/canter transitions. Now that our transitions are super prompt, it's time to go back to making them pretty and correct.

Dino worked SO hard! He got some gorgeous, perfect canter departs going right, and some pretty decent ones to the left. Since he's had so much time off, his right stifle is not super strong, so the left lead depart is tougher for him and he likes to kind of lean on my hand during the transition. That will improve with more work and fitness.

I'd also like to remind you that this workout was done in about 5 inches of snow, making it all the more challenging for my pony. He really gave me his all and focused, and I couldn't be happier with how the ride went!

If I can keep riding about three times a week or so until the dressage show, I think we'll be in decent shape. I just can't decide whether I want to ride one or two tests. On the one hand, riding two tests will give us more experience, more exposure, and a chance to fix our mistakes from the first test. On the other, it's going to be the middle of February and I don't really want to be standing around in the cold waiting for my second test. I know me, and I know Dino, and we'll get grouchy.

So... one test, or two?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts