24

 


When you were 12 and I was 24, and this whole adventure began in earnest, I did not - could not - imagine what our partnership would become. I didn't know what real trust felt like yet, how I would clamber onto your warm, strong back time and time again and we would walk away from the world together, each trusting the other to keep us safe. I didn't anticipate how well we'd come to know each other - minds connected like two vines inextricably intertwined, for better or for worse. I didn't yet understand the pain of staying up all night when you colicked, sobbing in the lonely darkness and telling you how much I loved you, and if it got to be too much then I'd help you out of your body. (Praise God, it didn't.) I didn't know what utter joy was waiting for us - catching the gleam in your eye and the spark of energy that ran through your body when you were ready to let loose, and going with you as we ripped through the woods and across fields and over fences. And who knew we'd feel the power and delight of getting strong enough to do dressage and do it well! We two backyard nobodies, learning the double bridle together. 

Today, you are 24 and I am 12 years older. Our life is a little quieter, but the partnership is still deep. We still belong to each other, and you are happy. For that, I am eternally grateful.  

Happy Birthday, Dino. I love the ride you've taken me on. 

Comments

  1. So lovely. Hope there's many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday Dino (and Hi Ali) so glad he is still doing okay and still the cutest pony EVER :) Hugs to Dino and you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happiest twenty-fourth birthday to the bestest dinobear to ever grace a planet with his presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Dino! I'm so glad you have each other <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Dino! Still a spring chicken for a pony <3 - Firn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday wonder pony 🥳♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful <3 Happy birthday, Dino!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest birthday you handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww love this!! Happy birthday Dino <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Herbal to Cure for (HSV), via… Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com

    STDs
    bacterial vaginosis
    STIs
    Chlamydia
    Chancroid
    Gonorrhea
    Herpes
    Genital warts
    HPV
    Trichomoniasis
    weakened immune system.
    weight loss.
    Pneumonia.
    Prolonged inflammation of the lymphatic glands.
    Purple spots on the skin.
    Diarrhea.
    Sores in mouth, anus or genitals.
    Memory loss.
    Depression and other neurological disorders

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts