The Senior Horse Project

 

All photos in this post by Jessica Sanders Photography.

Over a year ago, in the dark spring of 2020, photographer Jessica Sanders put out a call online for owners of senior horses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey to contact her. She had a beautiful vision for telling the stories of older equines and their people through a unique photojournalism project, and Dino and I fit the bill, so I reached out and answered her questionnaire. Soon after, Jessica asked me to participate in the project, and of course I agreed! I answered her interview questions (a horse blogger's dream, honestly!) and we scheduled a photo shoot.



We ended up postponing the shoot until August 2020, and it was one of the hottest days of the summer. Everyone was sweaty, the bugs were outrageous, but we all had so much fun! In addition to being an extremely talented photographer, Jessica is just a completely lovely human being, and I really enjoyed working with her. She and I clicked right away, and it was like meeting a long-lost friend. Dino, naturally, was the star of the show, and posed like he'd been modeling all his life. 

The resulting photos were absolutely stunning, and I've been sitting on them a bit until Jessica published the final piece on her own blog so I could share the whole thing here at once. Since it's been so long since I wrote my part of the piece, I had honestly forgotten what I'd written, and seeing the final product had me shedding happy tears. I think it does exactly what both Jessica and I wanted it to do - showcase the special beauty of a long-term relationship between human and horse. I am so grateful for Jessica having given Dino and I a platform to tell our whole story, and to have brought it to life with such incredible photos.

You can read the piece and see the photos HERE

If you are looking for equine photography in the Eastern PA/Central NJ area, please don't hesitate to contact Jessica! She is an absolute DELIGHT and he work is second to none! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts