|Just two weirdos, living their best life.|
We're getting pummeled with what will be our second nor'easter in less than a week, I'm hunkered down in my warm and cozy house that (for now) still has power, and I'm jumping on this blog hop bandwagon!
Buckle up for 30 weird things you didn't know about me.
1. I am a little bit of a coffee snob.
2. ...and a beer snob.
3. I let spiders live in my house and sometimes I name them.
4. Jumping spiders are my favorite variety of arachnid. I think they're adorable.
5. I'm super into feeding wild birds and birdwatching.
6. I have rescued birds, bats, toads, and snakes from dangerous situations, and generally do not shy away from picking up wild animals with my bare hands to get them to safety.
7. I am something of a cat whisperer.
8. I believe that cleaning the house or doing renovation projects is vastly improved by blasting Disney soundtracks and singing along at the top of my lungs.
9. Vultures are some of my favorite birds.
10. Some of my friends are pretty convinced that I'm a real-life Disney princess. I'm not saying they're wrong.
11. I entertain my coworkers with weird science and animal facts on the daily.
12. The only bone I've ever broken is my nose.
13. I have not yet gotten wild creatures of the forest to help me clean my house, but I'm working on it.
14. I have sung in choruses, choirs, small vocal ensembles, worship groups, and as a church soloist since I was 9 years old.
15. For about two years in high school, I sang in an all-girls barbershop group.
16. I sang the baritone part, which basically consists all of the notes that are left over in a chord after the other three parts have been written. The baritone part often has absolutely zero melodic qualities or logical patterns to it. This made me a very good singer.
17. I quit the barbershop group after a while because it was infringing on my riding time. Ponies > everything else.
18. My very favorite pieces to sing were (and still are) classical music. Preferably in Latin.
19. Once I got to duet with a professional Tenor and that was pretty awesome.
20. Despite my sweet vocal skillz, I cannot play an instrument. I used to play the flute passably, but I haven't picked up that bad boy in something like 15 years.
21. I really love olives. Like a lot.
22. When I was little I wanted to be a paleontologist.
23. I really really hate wearing high heels. They make me irrationally angry.
24. I vastly prefer physical books made out of paper to e-readers of any kind. IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME. I also never have to charge my books or worry about glare or running out of battery or them crashing or breaking and you can read them anywhere! Paper books are superior.
25. Same goes for paper notebooks and a pen or pencil. They always work, unlike your iPad.
26. I don't watch/care about/enjoy sports.
27. Carbs are my favorite food group.
28. Disaster movies are my least favorite kind of movie.
29. If a book doesn't have some sort of fantasy, sci-fi, or supernatural element, a murder mystery, suspenseful adventure, or other weirdness, I generally am not super interested in reading it.
30. I like naps.