Dancing With The Boy You Came With: Show Season 2017


Due to having to reallocate my time and finances towards vet bills and other non-pony-related things (the horror!) Dino and I are done competing for the year. We may hit a schooling indoor dressage or jumper show this winter, but as far as eventing goes, we are finished for 2017!

Wow, that season went fast.

Looking back on all we've accomplished this year, I have to say that I'm so, so pleased with Dino and myself and the strides we've made since the epic crash & burn that was 2016. After a fall and winter spent working our butts off in lessons and at home, we had an awesome show season this year filled with far more ups than downs. I can honestly say that I had FUN at every single outing (even the show where I got eliminated on XC and fell off, stadium was a blast!) and went into the show ring and the start box at every event feeling confident that I could go out there and Do The Thing. I left just about every horse trial with a smile on my face and satisfaction in my heart, no matter how we placed.

And for me? That's the biggest win of all.

But that's not to say that I at all diminish the pride and joy that this ENORMOUS YEAR END AWARD RIBBON gives me!


Dino and I managed to win third place in the Friday Evening Eventing series for our Elementary division, and I am thrilled beyond words that we won a year end award together. And it's not even last place! This is my first year end award EVER, and to have won third place for the season in eventing on this challenging, difficult, quirky pony of mine is a dream come true! This award means so much to me. It represents the past several years of hard work, dedication, relentless optimism and undying drive. This big, beautiful, gold and burgundy prize embodies the fruit of so much sweat equity and so much grit, and proves to the world what my coach believed all along - that Dino and I are winners.


He may not be an easy pony to ride, and we certainly have our baggage, but I wouldn't trade Dino for the world, and I am SO happy with what we've been able to accomplish this year. He is my buddy, my partner, and my best friend, and I could not be more proud of us for putting in the incredibly successful season that we had together this year. I danced with the boy I came with, and we did a pretty damn good job.




Comments

  1. 😍😍😍 feelings!!! You and Dino kicked some serious ass this year both in and out of the ring, and I'm soooo excited for you that your hard work paid off in so many ways, including that sexy piece of satin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Congrats and what a pretty ribbon! You kick ass no matter what happens so I am so glad to have met you and get to hang with you and Dino! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Awesome! You should be so proud of yourself and Dino! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys worked your tails off this season and it showed! Congrats on the ribbon but esp congrats on having such a FUN time while you were at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! Love this. It's such a lovely ribbon! You guys really did put in all the hard work, and it shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your ribbon is kind of pumpkin spice colored like your pony. Meant to be! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have one of the greatest attitudes and spirits of anyone I know! Congratulations :D omg that ribbon is sooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all your efforts, that's an awesome ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You worked hard and the results showed each time you went out. Such an incredible year and you deserved all of those successes. Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on Facebook and I am SO FREAKING HAPPY for you! All the feels, seriously girl. You worked your butt off and deserve this more than anyone I know. Congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You already knew all that hard work had paid off, but it's always nice to see it in the form of a shiny pretty ribbon too! (So says the 9 year old girl inside of me...) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts