Winning at Life



Y'all, I have been KILLING IT this year when it comes to winning stuff!

As some of you may have already noticed, I came in 2nd once again in the 2Pointober contest this year! With a final time of 17 minutes, I was runner up to Amanda who dominated the competition with an impressive 25 minutes. I really, REALLY wanted to get upwards of 20 minutes this year, but just didn't quite make it. Congrats to the other winners, and I hope everyone enjoyed this little competition! Big thanks to L. Williams and Hillary for hosting once again, this is always tons of fun.

Secondly, it seems the Saddle Fates are working in my favor, and I have a Prestige Eventer coming to me on trial early next week. The price is right, the size is right, and I'm really hoping that the flaps are forward enough and that it fits Dino well. From all of the pictures I've obsessively looked at, it seems like it could be an excellent fit for both of us, and is definitely more forward than the Prestige saddles that I sat in and loved, but were just not forward enough. I found it on the website of one of my favorite tack retailers, Farmhouse Tack, and everything just felt right about it, so I asked to take it on trial. Fingers crossed! Farmhouse has helped me out in the past with finding my oddball helmet as well as carrying my favorite breeches in fabulous colors, so I feel good about the saddle. Totally going with my gut on this one, and hoping my intuition won't let me down.

Comments

  1. Congrats on twopointober, I totally dropped the ball there. And fingers and toes crossed that the saddle is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linsay! (Linsey? Lindsay? HOW DO YOU SPELL YOUR NAME?) I was totally expecting you to kick my butt again this year!

      Delete
  2. Congrats, you had amazing improvement! And you still get the mango bay belt so that's as good as a win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for prize-switching! I'm excited to see what all the excitement is about with these belts. :)

      Delete
  3. I love my Prestige dressage saddle! Hope your new Prestige works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win, and the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on winning all the things! fingers crossed the saddle fits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to seeing how it fits you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts